Emergency Operations Director
The contractor will be performing punchlist items for the project this weekend. Traffic restrictions will consist of the following:
• Alternating lane closures on I-65 South
• I-65 North driving lane closure
• I-65 South on ramp closure
• Possibly partial ramp closures on all other Exit 68 ramps
The contractor is going to be moving around redoing some partial depth patching, grinding some patches down, and will have to do a couple of full depth patches to fix cracks this weekend.
The plan is that the contractor will have some joints re-sealed the following weekend after the patchwork is performed.
SOUTHEAST, Ind.—The Indiana Department of Transportation plans to close southbound Interstate 65’s right lane beginning at 7 p.m. Friday (OCT. 10) between mile markers 50.0 and 43.5 for paving operations—weather permitting. Traffic will be diverted to the southbound left lane. Restrictions will be lifted at 7 p.m. Saturday (OCT. 11).
John R. Jurgensen Company is the state’s prime contractor for INDOT’s $54.7 million project to repair and repave 21 miles of I-65 and refurbish 20 bridges between Scottsburg and Seymour. Construction activities are expected to continue through November.
Crews will be on site next week from 6 p.m. Sunday (OCT. 12) until 1 p.m. on Friday (OCT. 17). These lanes and ramps will be closed:
• Northbound I-65 left lane at mile marker 32.0—all week
• Northbound I-65 right lane at mile marker 45.0—all week
• Northbound U.S. Highway 50 loop ramps at Seymour: eastbound U.S. 50 to northbound I-65 & northbound I-65 to westbound U.S. 50—all week
• Southbound I-65 right lane at mile marker 50.5—all week
• Southbound U.S. 50 ramps—intermittent closures during the day, full closures may be required during nighttime hours
• Southbound I-65 right lane at mile marker 38.0—all week
A 45 mph speed limit will be enforced where construction crews are present.