Paying your Taxes
Taxes shall be due and payable in two (2) equal installments on or before May 10 and November 10.
If an installment of taxes is not completely paid on or before the date, a penalty equal to ten percent (10%) of the amount of the delinquent taxes shall be added thereto as a penalty. All penalties shall be based on the principal amount of the delinquent tax.
If any due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, national legal holiday recognized by the federal government, or a statewide holiday, the act that must be performed by that date is timely if performed by the next succeeding day that is not a Saturday, a Sunday or one (1) of those holidays.
Payment to the county treasurer is considered to have been paid by the due date if the payment is:
- Paid While Banking- Two weeks prior to due date, payments are accepted at all Bartholomew County locations of the following banks:
|Centra Credit Union
|First Financial Bank
|Jackson Country Bank
You must bring your tax statement, pay in full, one or both installments. Banks will stop taking payments the day following the due date.
- Received by the Treasurer's Office located on the first floor of the Governmental Office Building at 440 Third Street, Columbus, Indiana on or before the due date.
- Placed in the Drop Box located on the south side of the Governmental Office Building next to the entrance of the Commissioners' Courtroom on or before the due date.
- Certified or Postmarked by the United States postal services as mailed on or before the due date. "Postmark" does not mean the date printed by a postage meter that affixes postage to the envelope or package containing a payment.
- Deposited with a nationally recognized express parcel carrier and properly addressed to the office of the county treasurer, paid in full for final delivery and received on or before the due date.
- Paid by credit card using one of the following options:
- Option #1 Internet: www.officialpayments.com Enter Jurisdiction Code 2506 when prompted.
- Option #2 Phone: Call 1-800-272-9829 Enter Jurisdiction Code 2506 when prompted.
A nominal fee will be charged for this service.
TAXES ARE DUE EVEN IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE A STATEMENT!!!